I have to get some graphics set up here…but in the mean time here is a link to my Secrets and Staples of Training the Athletic Shoulder DVD series. It was designed to be purchases as an entire system, but for now you can purchase them one at a time
* The 11 Critical Components of Delivering a Comprehensive Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement Program
* How you can set yourself apart from your competition as an expert in the area of the shoulder complex
* How to reduce pain and restore function to your and/or your clients’ shoulders
* The Big picture that is so often ignored when assessing impairments and dysfunction
* The foundation to any Corrective Exercise or Performance Based program
Here is the link for the Shoulder Series
Here is a DVD of a presentation that I did in the Spring of 2009 with an awesome physical therapist Skippy Mattson. The topic was Corrective Exercise for Shoulder Impairments.
The shoulder joint is complex and is often injured in both the athletic and nonathletic populations. Corrective Exercise for Shoulder Impairments provides an overview of common impairments and injuries involving the shoulder. Featuring a breakout session at the 2009 ACSM Health & Fitness Summit, the DVD details the key characteristics of shoulder impairments and offers corrective strategies that can be employed to remedy movement impairments of the shoulder. The primary focus of the DVD is to identify what individuals with shoulder problems can do to help ensure that they can continue to exercise safety and effectively.
Among topics covered:
- Rationale for Corrective Exercise for the Shoulder Complex
- Anatomical Review
- Common Impairments and Injuries
- Movement Assessments
- Interventions to Remedy Movement Impairments
Here are two DVD’s of presentations I have done for IDEA.
In order to create effective and specific exercise programs for their clients, health/fitness professionals must have the ability to properly identify postural dysfunctions. Posture Analysis: From Head to Toe details how to evaluate clients from head to toe through the use of movement assessments that identify potential muscle imbalances. The DVD also reviews corrective exercise strategies to improve structure and function.
Among the topics covered:
- The state of the current member/client base
- Understanding posture
- Movement assessments
- Observing movement compensations
- Corrective exercise process
Back pain and injury impairs the function of a person’s core muscles and therefore the function of that individual’s entire body. Back in Action: Contributing Factors and Corrective Exercises for Low-Back Pain reviews how this occurs, particularly as a result of common compensations that can lead to back pain. The DVD also discusses corrective exercise strategies for improving the functional status of a client’s low back.
Among the topics covered:
- Hands-on demonstration: foam roller
- Hands-on demonstration: stability ball
- Hands-on demonstration: tubing
- DVD Links
Here are some of my educational products. Personal trainers, massage therapists, strength coaches, athletic trainers and more can benefit from these.
Secrets and Staples of Self Myofascial Release
Range Of Motion: Goniometry for Personal Trainers
Secrets and Staples of Training The Athletic Shoulder: Volume 1
Anatomy, Impairments and Assessments
Secrets and Staples of Training the Athletic Shoulder: Volume 2
Myofascial Release, Muscle Length and Joint Mobility
Secrets and Staples of Training the Athletic Shoulder: Volume 3
Neural Activation and Muscle Strengthening
Secrets and Staples of Training the Athletic Shoulder: Volume 4
Core, Integration and Plyometric Exercises
Secrets and Staples of Training the Athletic Shoulder: Volume 5
Advanced Integration Techniques, Contraindicated Exercises and More Secrets!!!
Corrective Exercise for Low Back Pain
Postural Analysis Head to Toe